[TowerTalk] Fwd: How to... X-Q stacked.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: How to... X-Q stacked.
From: wb4mnf@atl.org (Bob Duckworth)
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 14:26:14 +0100
Vasili-

I am using a single element of rectangular shape on 80 and 40
It is 33' vertical and 100' horizontal rectangle.

I have not modeled this but suspect that it performs at least as well
as 2 x 40m loops set 1/4 wave apart on 40 and has the added benefit
of working very well on 80.

perhaps a multielement version for 20mcould be made to work well on 40

No reason why it has to be short side vertical either.

In the 30's there was a popular
rectangular loop having 1/8 wave top and bottom and 3/8 wave sides.

Feed is with open wire line, trimmed to match.

Note: the plane of these loops is vertical!

-bob
wb4mnf