[TowerTalk] insulated guys/stacks

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] insulated guys/stacks
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 19:37:34 -0500 (EST)

> Where can I get Nico-Press fittings and a swedging tool?  I have looked
>  here in Houston, but have not found one.

    I'm shocked; in the petroleum equipment capital of the world you can't
find this stuff?  Check your yellow pages under industrial tool suppliers or
wire rigging shops.  They'll either have it or know where to get it.

>  What are the fittings made from?  I found a similar tool, but the
>  fittings were aluminum. Will aluminum hold a guy wire???

      The Nicopress fittings I've used have been copper so don't have any
experience with the aluminum ones.  I imagine they'll work too.  The pressure
of the tool really bonds the fittings to the cable.  Let me know what you
find out about the difference if any between the copper and aluminum
fittings.   In either case you've got dissimilar metals but there's no oxygen
in there to oxidize anything so shouldn't be a problem.

73,  Steve  K7LXC