[TowerTalk] Verticals of Rohn 25

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Verticals of Rohn 25
From: btippett@CTC.Net (Bill Tippett)
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 21:02:17 -0500 (EST)
        Bill, visit the electrical department of your local Home Depot
and pick up the following:

1.  Buy a container of "Noalox" to lubricate and provide good electrical
        connections between tower sections.  8 oz is about $5 I recall.

2.  Buy two each water pipe grounding clamps per tower connection.
        These are the clamps that have two V-shaped halves held together
        by screws.

3.  Buy about 6 inches of #6 or #8 solid copper ground wire per tower
        tower connection. (9 inches if you have Rohn 45).

        Attach ground clamps to tower leg on opposite sides of the joint,
put the short copper wire through each clamp and tighten.  You only
need to do one joint per section, not all three legs.  I just did this
when I shunt fed my 180' Rohn 45 for 160 and have had zero problems
with rectification noise on receive.  The ground clamps will easily fit
Rohn 25 and will barely fit the smaller part of Rohn 45 (make sure your
copper wire is long enough to span the necessary distance for Rohn 45
connections).

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV