[TowerTalk] Powerline noise, who can I call in CA?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Powerline noise, who can I call in CA?
From: frenaye@pcnet.com (frenaye@pcnet.com)
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 97 19:30:03 EST
I recall that about 10 years ago a very serious case of RFI from PG&E lines
in the California Sierra foothills was taken to Federal court because the
FCC wouldn't enforce the existing laws.  The court refused to act - and as I
recall there was a suggestion that a case of ham radio interference wasn't
enough to require PG&E to spend the $100K or more it would have taken to fix
the problem (according to PG&E).  I don't have the reference but I suspect
someone at ARRL HQ could dig it up.
                                        73 Tom

--- On Tue, 22 Apr 1997 07:56:47 -0400  Tony Brock-Fisher
<fisher@hp-and2.an.hp.com> wrote:

>When I exhausted all reasonable telephone tactics with Mass Electric, I
sent
>two registered letters: One to the Public Utilities Commission of Mass, the
>other to the FCC Field-Engineer-in-Charge.
>
>You wouldn't believe the results this generated! The Electric company
>started calling me! Frequently! And I reached a whole new level of
>management!
>
>-Tony, K1KP, fisher@hp-and2.an.hp.com

E-mail: frenaye@pcnet.com
Tom Frenaye, K1KI, P O Box 386, West Suffield CT 06093 Phone: 860-668-5444