[TowerTalk] Cutting EHS?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cutting EHS?
From: steve@oakcom.com (Steve Maki)
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 23:55:33 -0400
>Hi all - Wonder what everyone uses to cut EHS guy wire? I've tried a
>variety including a hack saw (pure torture!) to bolt cutters (put a
>nice dent in the jaws). What works best?
>73 Barry

There are shear (bypass) type cutters that do a nice clean cut by virtue
of the curved jaws; they capture the cable, preventing it from being
flattened like bolt cutters are prone to do.

This is an important factor if you are using nicopress sleeves.

The one that I have is good for up to 3/8" EHS, has made hundreds of
clean, easy cuts, and is priced around $200.00.  It still works like
new.
--
Steve Maki K8LX
steve@oakcom.com