[TowerTalk] Cutting EHS?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cutting EHS?
From: broz@csn.net (John Brosnahan)
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 17:42:07 -0600 (MDT)
Barry,  I have had good luck with good quality bolt cutters.  I have cut a
lot of 1/4 and 5/16 and some 3/8 with big bolt cutters--36" to 42" ones.
Never had any problems with denting the jaws.  The real secret on bolt
cutters is to note that the gap can be adjusted by loosening the hinge
bolts and rotating them--they are eccentric bolts and when adjusted
properly you can have a minimal gap in the jaws.

I also have a rebar cutter/bender that works OK now that I have adjusted
its jaws--but it is a little more expensive (and heavy).

Some people use a cutting torch and you can use a cutoff saw with one
of the friction blades--I use those for cutting 1-1/4 inch rod for use as
guy anchors--goes pretty fast.

I also have a cutter that you wack with a hammer but it was never all that
great.
Hacksaws are for masochists.

73  John  W0UN