[TowerTalk] K Factor for Tailtwister Rotor

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] K Factor for Tailtwister Rotor
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 09:15:18 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-05-08 00:27:09 EDT, readerl@goliath.sunyocc.edu (Larry
Reader) writes:

> Anyone know the "K" factor rating for a Tailtwister?  Would appreciate
>  knowing; think it will be OK for my rather puny home station installation
>  (Trylon 56 footer with the PRO-67B mounted 1 ft above the tower using a
>  thust bearing at the top) but don't want to make another mistake.

      The Yaesu K-Factor is the equivalent to the Effective Moment used by
Hy-Gain which is the weight times the turning radius.  This is the preferred
and more realisitic rotator/load comparison spec as opposed to using a square
footage figure.

      The Effective Moment of the T2X is 3400 ft.lbs.

      This number is an ESTIMATE of the rotator's capability; it is not
something that has been determined by factory testing or some other
definitive method but rather by an educated estimate based on the known
capabilities of the rotator.

73,  Steve  K7LXC