[TowerTalk] Hardline & crank up tower?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hardline & crank up tower?
From: pramey@smtplink.ram.com (pramey@smtplink.ram.com)
Date: Wed, 14 May 97 09:08:23 EST
     As you know hard-line is not made to be bent or moved a lot.  I would
     use hard line to the tower and up to the 1st level where the tower is
     nested.  I would then use a 9913 type the rest of the way.  If the
     tower nests at 20 feet and extends to 55 feet you will only have 35-45
     feet of 9913 type of coax.  I have use runs of 75 feet of 9913 with a
     radio putting out only 2 watts and have good performance from it at
     940 MHz.  I have a Rohn tilt-over and use 7/8 to the hinge and 9913
     for the rest of the run.

     Paul WG0G/W2