[TowerTalk] Good antennae for stroke-1 HF operation?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Good antennae for stroke-1 HF operation?
From: force12@interserv.com (force12@interserv.com)
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 12:33:26 -0700
Good morning, Peter.

It sounds like a great trip. It also might be that you have limited space to
pack an antenna. We make the widest variety of portable and DXpedition
antennas. They range from everything you would need for a multi-multi packed
in 48" containers to ones that can fit in your briefcase or suitcase.

We make a "packable" vertical that is in 24" sections and is similar to a
tent pole in construction (shock chord between sections). The diameter is
larger than the typical tent pole and, of course, it is longer. The
verticals come in a very workable configuration for 40 through 10 mtrs or 20
through 10 mtrs.

The vertical is full size on all bands and each shock-chord section is
arranged so that is makes the proper length for the various bands. When they
are all together, it is full size for 40 mtrs. The antenna is
self-supporting (unless you get some strong winds when using 40 mtrs). If
you only want 20 on up, the antenna is obviously shorter.

The entire package weighs only a few pounds and comes complete with base
insulator and ground mounting post. Radials are required 2 elevated is
best), as 1/4 wavelength verticals need a current return. Feed it with RG-8X
and you are in business. The VSWR will be about 1.5:1 or less. It will be
less (closer to 1:1) if the ground losses are not zero.

Please let us know how we can assist you.

Have a good day and 73,
                        Tom, N6BT
                        Force 12 Antennas and Systems
                        (Home Page   http://www.QTH.com/force12 )