[TowerTalk] Fwd: New Cushcraft Ants

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: New Cushcraft Ants
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 09:42:56 -0400 (EDT)
     Okay. Just to show that I don't play favorites and that I am interested
in new HF antenna products, here's a post regarding a couple of new Cushcraft
antennas. Looks like they're finally upgrading their flimsy hardware.

73,  Steve  K7LXC

Steve:  I don't know whether you saw them at Dayton or not, but
Cushcraft showed a new beefed up 2 el 40 called the 402BX.  It is
designed at 100 mph winds and has the same electrical characteristics
as the 402CD.  There was also a new beefed up tribander called the
X8 on a 28 foot boom.  No traps in the drivers or reflectors and
designed at 100 mph with lots of new heavy brackets.  Patterns and
gain slightly less than 4 el mono and 25 db F/R.  Both of these ants
had four wire trusses on the booms.  73, Kurt, W6PH