[TowerTalk] Fwd: New Cushcraft Ants

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: New Cushcraft Ants
From: w4ea@contesting.com (Dan Nixon)
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 14:00:27 -0400
Bill Fisher - W4AN wrote:

> I heard a rumor that they were considering a 3 element version of the
> 402CD on a 40' boom.  If they offer such an antenna/upgrade they can
> pencil me in for an order of two.  I believe it would almost have to be
> on a 3" boom though.  I wouldn't trust a 40' 2" boom.

Just got off the phone with Cushcraft, ordering some parts. The guy I
order from has been there quite awhile, says they expect to have the new
402-BX available some time in August.

Further he stated there is no way they can provide the parts to retrofit
an existing 402-CD. Boom size increased to 2.5 inches, elements have
been beefed up, coils are however the same.

No current intention to release a 3 element version until they see how
well this newest 2 element version sells. Didn't discount the
possibility they will have one in the future.

Dan, W4EA
w4ea@contesting.com