[TowerTalk] Heights Towers resurfaces

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Heights Towers resurfaces
From: tgstewart@pepco.com (tgstewart@pepco.com)
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 08:34:59 -0400
Just wanted to say that I really like all the info you are putting into the
CQ Contest magazine!  Your column this month on some of the most popular
tower types/models is very good as is the "Monthly Collectible", which has
several different tables related to tower and mast hardware materials and
ratings.  Keep it up!

One thing that is relatively new that I'd like to see published is the new
EIA222 spec on grounding tower structures.  From what I've heard, these now
require the use of galvanized ground rods rather than copper and tinned
copper wire wherever in contact with the ground.  This came about to
eliminate a dissimilar metals problem between copper ground systems and
galvanized guy anchor hardware, which was deteriorating prematurely.

Another thing that seems to be changing fast is climbing harness and
hardware requirements for the professional climber.  The National
Association of Tower Erectors (NATE) has been pushing for a lot of changes
in the industry, including mandatory certification of professional tower
crews to improve safety.  They have their own web page which has some
previous newsletters pubished, some of which should be of interest to those
who do their own tower work.

73, Tyler K3MM