FW: [TowerTalk] Glen Martin Roof Towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: FW: [TowerTalk] Glen Martin Roof Towers
From: steve@gamecash.com (Steve Weisbrod)
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 97 10:18:00 -0600
Casey
Don'y be penny wise and pound foolish. Glen Martin makes really great
stuff. Very high quality and strong. I have their 50' Hazer tower.  What
I would be concerned with is how you mount it to your roof. If that is
not done right you might lose the whole works. Be careful how high to try
to put the mast. A 15ft mast might weight over 100lbs and the bending
moment might be too much for your roof or tower?  What ever height you
end up with your new beam will out perform your vertical.  My Force12
EF320 consistantly gets 3 S units better on  transmit as well as receive
over my R7000. Thats about 18db.

73 Steve W8GAZ