[TowerTalk] Strategy for Lightning Protection

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Strategy for Lightning Protection
From: tgold@panix.com (Anthony R. Gold)
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 11:20:35 +0100 BST
In message <199707092001.NAA28000@cosmoslink.net> ftbrady@cosmoslink.net (Frank
T. Brady) writes:
> Regarding the subject query by Dick Green - I sure hope the replies come on
> the reflector so I can see them.  I've gotten very valuable help from lots
> of people on this reflector - but they came directly to me, and to share
> them I would have to remember to forward each of them to tower-talk.
>
> If there is not prohibition against submitting replies to the list, it sure
> seems to me that it would be a lot more useful.

I believe the problem is that this list, like many other are (IMVHO)
badly configured such that replying to the list is quite hard.

Of the several amateur radio lists that I read, only the hamlaw
reflector sends out its mail with a Reply-To: header addressing the
list.  Other lists just send out reflected mail with the original's
From: author header, so readers using bog-standard email software who
simply `reply' to an item on towertalk or any of the other lists
hosted by contesting.com will reply just to an item's author alone.

I'll cc: the list's owner with these comments.

Regards,
--
   Tony - G3SKR / W2TG                   email: tgold@panix.com