[TowerTalk] Radio Shack remote-reading wattmeter

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Radio Shack remote-reading wattmeter
From: mai@iquest.net (Patrick Croft)
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 16:48:21 -0400 (EDT)
Rolfe,

Have you tried the meter with the 500 feet of cable attached yet?  I'm
curious of the units ability to drive that much line, as usually this type
of situation would require line amps.  One would need to retain the 10%
accuracy of this R/S unit to be meaningful.

These units were reviewed in QST a few months ago, and the R/S displays at
the hamfests I've attended in the past year has had these on display.
Checking with the local R/S district revels about 100 units in the area.  If
someone wishes this unit and the local doesn't have stock, just ask them to
transfer one from another district or Ft Worth.

Let me know your success story on remoting 500 feet!

Bests

Patrick