[TowerTalk] Radio Shack remote-reading wattmeter

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Radio Shack remote-reading wattmeter
From: rolfe@ldp.com (Rolfe Tessem)
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 1997 16:53:26 -0400
Patrick Croft wrote:

> Rolfe,
>
> Have you tried the meter with the 500 feet of cable attached yet?  I'm
> curious of the units ability to drive that much line, as usually this
> type
> of situation would require line amps.  One would need to retain the
> 10%
> accuracy of this R/S unit to be meaningful.
>
> These units were reviewed in QST a few months ago, and the R/S
> displays at
> the hamfests I've attended in the past year has had these on display.
> Checking with the local R/S district revels about 100 units in the
> area.  If
> someone wishes this unit and the local doesn't have stock, just ask
> them to
> transfer one from another district or Ft Worth.
>
> Let me know your success story on remoting 500 feet!

It seems to work fine -- I haven't checked it against a Bird only
because I don't have any way of remotely keying the transmitter. But the
readings are completely consistent with what I would expect.

Rolfe, W1VC

--
Rolfe Tessem           |       Lucky Duck Productions, Inc.
rolfe@ldp.com          |       96 Morton Street