[TowerTalk] "Coax Break-In".. Applauded!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] "Coax Break-In".. Applauded!
From: w5hvv@aeneas.net (Roderick M. Fitz-Randolph)
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 20:00:34 -0500
>The ARRL policy of publishing such April Fool's pieces is a very, very
>long standing tradition and most of us look forward to the challenge of
>scouring the April issue of QST to search out the bogus article.  We
>howl with delight and laughter when we find it and we derive the utmost
>in sadistic pleasure in temporarily tweaking our friends about it.
>GREAT, GREAT FUN!
The lengthy, lucid, and cogent response above, by Roger Elowitz, K2JAS,
was dead on the nail's head!

Tweak away, QST!!!  It's great and I look forward to each April.

A pox on those that cannot take a little humor.  I know they sell salt
in the grocery store and a few grains don't cost much.... so take the
articles with a grain or two of salt and enjoy them..... and learn not
to believe everything that's in print!!!! (and that can be a valuable
lesson).

Rod, W5HVV