[TowerTalk] Problems with HAM IV

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Problems with HAM IV
From: k0wa@southwind.net (Lee Buller)
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 07:36:51 -0500 (CDT)
I am putting up a rebuilt HAM IV next week.  In preparation, I've been
wiring up the pig tales with 8-pin Cinch-Jones connectors.  I have a D_LAY-5
brake delay circuit in the control box.  It works fine under the following
circumstances:

The current rotor on tower
A short piece of wire between the control box and the new rotor

Here is the gripe:

When I place a 100 foot piece of 8 conductor wire between the box and the
rotor the CCW delay won't work.  (This is different chunck of wire than what
is on the tower right now)  The CW delay works fine.

To determine what is going on, I have checked the wiring of the 100 foot
peice of 8 conductor cable...check continuity...and can find no problems.
If anything, I might have a flaky connector!  But, I have checked them out
and the spring in the connectors seem to fairly tight.

Anyone have any ideas?  I am out of them!
Does anyone have a schematic of a D-Lay 5?
Anyone know where to get 8 pin Cinch-Jones connectors?

Best Regards,

Lee
k0wa@southwind.net