[TowerTalk] Re: Home Depot Cold Galvanizing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Home Depot Cold Galvanizing
From: K4OJ@aol.com (K4OJ@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 18:18:46 -0400 (EDT)
Mary Frances, and others....

the cold process galvanizing from Home Depot in the Dark Blue Labeled spray
can, by CRC is nice....but it ain't the really good stuff.....

ears ago I had access to a prodcut called Galvicon - this was the real
thing....unfortunately they were bought out by Sherwin Williams (or one of
the big paint outfits) and they have since dropped this item.

Galvicon is my standard of comparison, I used to buy it from a welding supply
place, after the welders working on a high rise job would do their thing they
would paint this on top of the weld.....it was really good stuff...

We used the Galvicon in Homestead for the towers that Andrew took down,
wherever we used Galvicon there was no sign of rusting....here in Florida
this is a miracle, I have adopted using only two types of
fastners...stainless, and Hot Dip Galvanized when the potential for galling
runs high....

Should you happen to be in the trade and have a supplier who still has some
galvicon on the shelf I would be willing to have it shipped to me....it was
THAT GOOD.

So, Home Depot product, was okay - but really a glorified paint (dunno what I
expected frpom somthing that would come out of that tiny a nozzle....the good
stuff is so thick in zinc it takes serious thing to get it to spray.

k4oj