[TowerTalk] AB-105/FRC

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] AB-105/FRC
From: TOMK5RC@aol.com (TOMK5RC@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 10:19:16 -0400 (EDT)
Steve;

You are about to embark on a journey into the dark unkown of AB105 tower. It
has its own personality, its own language and you will either learn to love
it or hate it. Each piece of AB105 has a part number stamped into it (A5, P4,
etc) and you will soon learn the difference. If it isn't the later version
(AB105A) with horizontal ladder stairs, you will not enjoy not having a flat
surface to stand on.

It was originally designed as a 70' support for military rhombic antennas. It
is designed to be installed by field crews using jibs pulling it into place
using the pivot base section. I took down four 120' AB105 towers using a
crane, but then we were in a time crunch and it was 115 degrees F when we did
it. Your scheme with the trucks should work. Since it is all bolted together,
it is very flexible and forgiving.

Have fun in the AB105 Zone!!

Tom Taormina, K5RC