[TowerTalk] Are "Ufer" grounding BEFORE pouring base cement?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Are "Ufer" grounding BEFORE pouring base cement?
From: ku7y@sage.dri.edu (Monte Stark)
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 22:37:54 -0700
Hi Scott and all,

Good question...one that I bet will have many answeres.

I have been led to believe that one should always keep the rebar away
from the tower. (Don't tie the bolts to the rebar or the rebar to the
section of tower in the base).

The thought was that the current would flow down the tower and then
through the ground rods, leaving the base alone!

That's the way mine is. Just sounds right to me!

On the other hand, times change and we learn more..... :-)

I'll be interested to see where this thread goes.
--
73,  Ron

NRA Life------Ex W6JXO, DL4RF, N7CRV------SOWP #5545-M
QRP QRCI #8829----NorCal #330----QRP-L #17-----ARS #49