[TowerTalk] Grounding Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Grounding Question
From: kn6di@groupone.net (Dan Arney)
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 18:50:19 -0800
Paul M. Elliott wrote:

Guys I are not a inganeer and my slide rule is round and works great for
KPH/GPH/TAS/GS/Drift in them thar flying machines.. But I think as some
one said to tie into the rebar/mesh for a ground was a good idea.
(ground plane) I would do the extra long ground rod or a 5/8"diax8'
with it tied to the rebar/mesh. In most cases slabs are poured with mesh
and the footings have rebar. I would also place a ground at the tower.
One of them thar inganeers typos could come up a annsswer as wether to
hook up  to that water ground. Don't I would run a antenneracross the
slab t o a ground but who knows it might make one Killer ground
loop/ground plane return low loss he radiating antenner.
Hank KN6DI