[TowerTalk] Problems I wish I had at home

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Problems I wish I had at home
From: binkrote@att.com (binkrote@att.com)
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 10:22:16 -0400
Since there is a vast wealth of knowledge here and this is the opportune
time to make any last minute changes I thought I would bounce a question
off of the group.  I wish I had problems like this at home and not just
at a friends house.  Any of you with modeling software, we are clear to
the horizon in every direction, and trees to about 40 feet.

We have been building a contest station at the QTH of VE9DH (New
Brunswick Canada) for the past 5 years.  We have a 100 foot tower to be
used as a home to our 10 meter antennas.

For Aluminum we have :
6 el Telrex  (big boom)
5 el Hygain ( I think)
3 el Hygain ( I think)
3 el Cushcraft

Problem  only one rotor this year.

We plan on 6 el on top (duhh? Even this one I can figure out)
5 element at about 50 foot pointed s.s.e. (Caribbean and South America)
3 element hygain about 35 feet  pointed  South-West (in case top is too
high)
3 element  cushcraft pointed SW at 20 feet and front elevated abt 30
degrees (cloud warmer)

Any holes in our thinking?  Since all antennas are still on the ground
until next weekend any and all ideas will be taken seriously.

We have 3 other towers on site and their final design is still being
considered.

Thanks es c u all from  CI9DH in CQWW/SSB  and VE9DH for CW

Bill K2NJ