[TowerTalk] Pros/Cons BN-4000B

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Pros/Cons BN-4000B
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 17:33:31 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-10-05 22:40:51 EDT, n7tr@rnodx.org writes:

<< Hy-Gain released a new balun called the BN-4000B last year I
 guess....Anyone using these and what are your feelings? >>

     The BN-4000 is a current-type balun that is also rated for more power
than the voltage-type BN-86. The BN-86 is notorious for opening under
moderately high power situations. The BN-4000 is an improvement.

    BTW, I swapped a BN-86 out of a TH7 and put in another popular one
(W2DU?) awhile back. There was a significant enough change for the worse in
SWR that we put the Hy-Gain one back in. There's something to be said for
using 'compatible' same manufacturer hardware.

73,  Steve  K7LXC