[TowerTalk] Re: [Antennas] Rohn 25 - safety

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: [Antennas] Rohn 25 - safety
From: kbarber@monmouth.com (Ken Barber)
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 20:19:31 -0400
Ivo,
I put up a Rohn 45 many years ago and as I recall I used a small winch
and a U BOLT.  I bolted down the winch to the lower section, put the U
BOLT on the brace of the upper section and pulled down the upper section
by turning the hand crank on the winch.  I also had a problem raising
one leg and I used a car jack.

I would not recommend putting anything on the tower, or adding another
section,  until all the bolts are fitted properly.

73,
Ken W2DTC