[TowerTalk] Third xa

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Third xa
From: wx0b@arraysolutions.com (wx0b@arraysolutions.com)
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 12:36:20 -0500
Sorry Tom,
I must disagree.  I was on 15m yesterday playing with the 3 high stack into EU
and was laughing all the way when most reports were +25 to +40 over 9.   Some
guys say as much as 10 db of change for the better when I put the stack from 2
to 3 beams.  I could see the stacks work on receive as I played with the
switch.   I might add my lowest 15 is at 1.44 wavelength above ground and the
ground slopes very quickly down to the lake.  I am  40 feet above the lake so
these antennas are pretty high.  The 65 foot  lower 15 is effectively 105 feet
above the lake.  the middle one is at 95 feet (135 above the lake) and the upper
one is at 120 feet ( 160 ft above the lake)  Go figure?

C-you all from V26B

Jay

--
| ARRAY SOLUTIONS | Jay Terleski email: wx0b@arraysolutions.com |