[TowerTalk] TH-7 and 105CA Compared

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TH-7 and 105CA Compared
From: harpole@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu (Charles H. Harpole)
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 13:40:09 -0400 (EDT)
Today, I got the chance to compare my TH-7 at 71 feet with my new 105CA
(5el 10 beam) at 85 feet.  They are on the same tower, the 10 meter is
just 15 feet above the TH-7 on the same mast.
Well, the single bander is louder on receive (one to two S units!!!) and
about the same reported to me by receivers in Europe and in Penn. (I am in
FLA) on xmit to them.
Somewhat of a surprize that it would be THAT much difference but the
bigger surprize is the receive noise--  the single bander is much quieter
than the TH-7.  Don't know where the noise is coming from, but on the
TH-7, the hiss/background noise/whatever covers up signals, and on the 10
meter beam, none of this noise and louder signals!

Now I want more plumber's delights!
de K4VUD