[TowerTalk] Yagi Rain Static Observation

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yagi Rain Static Observation
From: harpole@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu (Charles H. Harpole)
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 20:01:15 -0500 (EST)
Please, please, SHUT DOWN your radios, disconnect ALL wires going to the
radios, and physically depart the area where the antennas enter or are
terminated near the shack when ever lightning is perceptable!!!!   You are
risking:  death to you and yours, fire to your home, destruction (or
worse, degradation, to your rigs--esp rcvers), and other bad things.
I was in the shack during direct hit to my antennas.  Saw a flame six
inches high in my window sill, huge flash, and all radios, all electric
bulbs, all fuses, and some wiring in house gone.  It was a wonder I wasnot
killed (then u guys could win a contest or two).
Seriously folks,  get away from lightning, on the horizon is too close;
closer is insanity!  73, K4VUD