[TowerTalk] Roof-peak mounting of Rohn 25G?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Roof-peak mounting of Rohn 25G?
From: wbh3@chrysler.com (wbh3@chrysler.com)
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 11:36:22 -0500
I have a similar situation which I am presently addressing.  I have
opted for the Create 15 foot tower, model CR45..  It has a one meter
wide base which makes for better stability .  I    am primarily worried
about the TORQUE that will be generated by my KT34-XA, however.  My
finger has slipped off the rotator brake lever more than once, plus the
KT34  also swings about 10 to 15 degrees from side to side when the
wind is blowing putting additional stress on the roof.  I discarded the
idea of using  25G because of its small footprint.

     I  also have a concern about how well my  KT34 will work since it
will only be 15 feet above my house (a  total of 40 feet above ground)
where before it was at 50 feet on a separate tower.  As a matter of
fact, I was going to address this esteemed group with that very
question anyway.
Your comments would be appreciated.

Bill-WX8S
wbh3@chrysler.com