[TowerTalk] Antenna Erection (De-) Companies

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Erection (De-) Companies
From: larsenp@cadvision.com (Peter Larsen)
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 03:33:20 +0000
Hi to the group:

As one of the guys that use a "bucket truck"  almost every day I would
like to reply to
"Big" Don. If you are up in a bucket  and a hose breaks you will not
move as there is
safety valves on the rams. I have had this experiance with an old truck
and I know
for a fact that the ram won't colapse. Of course the safety valves
should be checked
once a week (at work we do them every day) and always the first time you
use a truck.
One of my fav. trucks at work is our 75 foot bucket. It can lift any
wheres up to
1100 lbs with two men in the buckets. At 75 feet it is just like
standing on the ground.
Very stable (I have had loan of this unit for field day and other Ham
related projects)
I think that the only  problems with these units comes from abuse/poor
mantainance.

73 and have fun.
Peter
VE6NAO

Til Rag:

Goddag fra Kanada.
Mein kones familein comst fra Kobenhavn. Jeg ver i Danmark i 1996.
Du har i smukt land.

Kare hillsen og god jule
Peter Larsen