[TowerTalk] Controlled/Uncontrolled

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Controlled/Uncontrolled
From: hwardsil@WOLFENET.com (Ward Silver)
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 07:26:58 -0800 (PST)
> Controlled is inside your property line.
> Uncontrolled is outside your property line.
>
> de n0yvy steve

Not exactly...the wording probably should have been "aware/unaware".

Controlled exposure refers to people that have been trained about RF or
how to minimize their exposure (i.e., workplace or family) and are
*aware* of their exposure.  Uncontrolled is everything else, including
trained people that are not aware of their exposure.  Note that,
technically, visitors to your home may be in the uncontrolled category (in
more ways than one).  Similarly, you may receive uncontrolled exposure
when you drive in front of, say, W8**'s house when he's on 160 chasing a
new one.

Of course, we all take the necessary steps to keep visitors and such off
our towers and away from the verticals, right?

73, Ward N0AX