[TowerTalk] G5RV pattern

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] G5RV pattern
From: ftbrady@le.klever.net (Frank T. Brady)
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 22:59:26 -0800
Fellow Towertalkians:

Until I get my tower up, I want to try to find a place for a full size G5RV.

Eventually, I want to play it against a vertical so that I can make
improvements in each until I have the best 'permanent' reference antenna.

Q: Are the major lobes of the G5RV documented for each band so that I can
position it in the best direction - or is it somewhat omni-directional?  The
easiest run would be between a 50ft mast and the only tall tree available,
but this would be running North and South - the orientation I've always
tried to avoid with other wire antennas.

Tx & 73s
 Frank T. Brady - W0ECS
 Wildomar CA (65 mi N of San Diego)