[TowerTalk] G5RV pattern

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] G5RV pattern
From: n4kg@juno.com (T A RUSSELL)
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 08:41:07 -0600
The G5RV is a 100 foot center fed wire antenna.
Think of it as a long wire for each band and look up the patterns
for each length in the ARRL  Antenna Book or other source.

80M     .35 WL  "short" dipole  figure 8 pattern broadside to wire

40M     .70 WL   "long" dipole   figure 8 pattern broadside to wire

30M     2X .5 WL  Two Half waves in phase - figure 8 pattern 50 degrees
wide
                                     broadside to wire
20M      3/2 WL current fed LW - 6 lobes - 4main lobes approx 35* to wire
                                2 minor lobes broadside to wire
17M      2X  1 WL voltage fed LW's - 4 lobes approx 40* to wire

15M      2X  1.1 WL voltage fed LW's - 4 major lobes, possible minor
        (this is my "intuitive analysis...check w/modeling program)
12M      5/2 WL current fed LW - 10 lobes - 4 main lobes approx 30* from
wire

10M      2X 3/2 WL  voltage fed LW - 6 lobes - 4 main lobes approx 35* to
wire
                                       2 minor lobes broadside to wire

de  Tom  N4KG