[TowerTalk] RF Safety Worksheet Rev. B

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RF Safety Worksheet Rev. B
From: k6ll@juno.com (David O. Hachadorian)
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 13:03:38 EST
There was an error in the URL for the University of
Texas. It should be utexas, rather than texas. Here is the
whole thing again with the correction.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
K6LL@juno.com
Yuma, AZ

        A. Callsign: AA7AAA

        B. Frequency, MHz: 21.45

        C. Maximum PEP transmitter output, watts: 1500

        D. Type of feedline: RG-213

        E. Length of feedline, feet: 80

        F. Feedline loss, negative dB:  -.8

        G. Line F divided by 10. (It will be a negative number).  -.08

        H. PEP power delivered to the antenna: line C antilog line G
                1500 ALOG -.08 = 1248

        I. Worst case (highest) Emission mode duty factor: .4
                FSK, RTTY, AFSK SSB, FM Voice: 1.0
                Conversational SSB, heavy speech processing: 0.5
                Conversational CW: 0.4
                Conversational SSB, no speech processing: 0.2

        J. Transmit/Receive duty cycle over six minutes: .5
                Longest conceivable percent transmit time in six minutes,
                expressed as a decimal.

        K. Transmit/Receive duty cycle over 30 minutes: .5
                Longest conceivable percent transmit time in thirty
minutes,
                expressed as a decimal.

        L. AVERAGE power to antenna, controlled case: H x I x J = 250

        M. AVERAGE power to antenna, uncontrolled case: H x I x K = 250

        N. Antenna Gain, dBi: 9.5

        O. Closest CONTROLLED human proximity to antenna, feet: 46

        P. Closest UNCONTROLLED human proximity to antenna, feet: 51

        Proceed to the University of Texas World Wide Web Site:
        http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/kharker/rfsafety

        Input items L, N, O, B (controlled case). Print the output sheet.
        Input items M, N, P, B (uncontrolled case). Print the output
sheet