[TowerTalk] Stripper for RG 213

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stripper for RG 213
From: seay@alaska.net (Del Seay)
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 07:08:26 -0900
A good utility knife does the trick, if you're careful.
Keep in mind that RG-213 is not designed for PL-259 connector
use. The od of the shield is somewhat smaller than RG-8, RG-214,etc
and requires some careful work to make the impedance transformation
in a smooth fashion. Also, it tends to make the mechanical strength
of the connector tenuous. A good thick, smooth tinning of the braid is the
only method I have found that will minimize the bump and give good
mechanical stability. I haven't seen anyone else address the RG-213/PL-259
mating so I assume most don't care.
The method of installing PL-259 connectors that is shown in the ARRL
handbook
is the way to go. Just take your time and you'll do fine.
73 de KL7HF

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>