[TowerTalk] EF-140S

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] EF-140S
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC)
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 11:09:23 EST
In a message dated 97-12-05 09:16:45 EST, ve7im@mail.island.net writes:

> What is the bandwidth of this ant? It's a 37ft long rotatable dipole. It's
>  made by F-12.We see only 30khz,and ant is up 60',stacked inline with boom
of
>  a f-12 "DXer"(20-17-15m) Stacking distance is  2 1/2 ft.

Hi, Dave --

     I usually see avout 70-100 kHz bandwidth (between 2.0:1 points) on the
dipole element. You're stacking distance is pretty miniscule so I think you've
got some major interaction. I think the factory recommends 10 feet. With the
402CD you can get as close as 6 feet but 2.5 feet is really too close. Try
turning the element 90 degrees and see if that makes any difference.

    What I have noticed in terms of stacking/interaction is that the closer
you put the antennas, the worse the SWR. I don't have any idea what's
happening to the patterns though. If your SWR is acceptable, you've got some
other effects going on. Time to look at a new mast or another way of doing it.

73,  Steve  K7LXC