[TowerTalk] PolyPhaser

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] PolyPhaser
From: w7ni@teleport.com (Stan Griffiths)
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 09:12:17 -0800 (PST)
>The very fact that a former employee of a company, any company, has to
>"toe the party line" means that that company is not being completely
>honest nor scientific in its release of advice.  The old problem of taking
>performance advice from the folks who also sell the "solution" to your
>problem, raises its ugly head.
>Independent and yet good, product advice could come from magazines, but
>they too have an axe to grind.  What to do???
>de K4VUD

If I doubt the word of a manufacturer, I put the same question to his
competitor for a second opinion.  PolyPhaser DOES have at least one good
competitor: Huber and Suhner of Switzerland.  They have distributors in the
U.S. but do not vigorously pursue the ham market for obvious reasons:  Hams
are notariously cheap and it is hard to do a profitable business with them .
. .  Just the same, you can get catalogs and a lot of good technical info
from them and they are not hesitant to compare their products to PolyPhaser
stuff.  One Huber and Suhner Representative in the U.S. that I know of is
ARVA-Hudson in Woodinville, WA. (800) 223-5087.

Stan  w7ni@teleport.com