[TowerTalk] 80m 1/4w verticals using pushup masts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 80m 1/4w verticals using pushup masts
From: k6ur@lightspeed.net (Ron Hill K6UR)
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 09:40:51 -0800
Been there, done that 20 years ago. Put a lot of radials in the ground,
phase them to give a cardiod pattern NE/SW. Worked 4X4, OD5, VQ9,
Europe on LP in the mornings on 80m. Had a great time.

Tried open wire feeders for a 1/2w 40m vertical pattern and worked
S21 on 40m.

Took them down after I got my 100 cfmd on 80m. Had one out next to the
house in the front yard and one towards the SE with the house running
in between verts.

Great cheap way to go for a lower angle ant on 80m.

Ron, K6UR  ex-k6ozl