[TowerTalk] Climbing Alone

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Climbing Alone
From: w2up@itw.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 12:55:25 +0000
On 12 Dec 97, Wagner <tomwagner@mindspring.com> wrote:

> Some have suggested using an HT or a cell phone when you
> go up the tower.  Why not use a cordless phone?  It's cheaper
> if you drop it, and you can get your local 911 number if you
> need to.
>
> I just got a second line for the computer.  Next summer, I'm
> going to try two cordless phones - one for me and one for the
> ground crew.  I'll just call 'em when I need 'em!

Check the range of your cordless phones first. An older (49 MHz)
phone probably will be out of range. The 900 MHz phone may be OK,
depending on your tower height and distance from base unit.
73 Barry
--
Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet: w2up@itw.com
Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: barry@w2up.wells.com