[TowerTalk] Upside down mast

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Upside down mast
From: nw9g@netusa1.net (NW9G > Ten Tec > CW)
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 21:18:48 -0500
There was a thread a few months back about this subject.  I fully
understood just what this guy was proposing.  I thought the idea
was fantastic, as long as it was not structurally damaging to
the tower.  For those that don't know what this is:

Short mast out the top of a tower with an antenna on it.
Another piece of mast apx 18" long attached to this short mast
going horizontal with another vertical attached to it going
back down the side of the tower with an antenna attached to it.

This means you would have an antenna sticking out the top on a mast,
with another antenna that virtually rotates around the tower a few
feet below and is attached to this same mast using one rotor.

Question:  has anyone actually done this?
Can it be done with light weight mast using small tribanders on
short pieces of this mast?
How hard is it on the rotor?

I'm not an engineer but the idea of this sounds temping for me to put
up that new force 12 warc 7 antenna they just got below my
tribander without "redoing" my entire tower top.
Just didn't want a structural nightmare to follow.

Thanks guys and Happy holidays....Steve