[TowerTalk] Beverage specifics needed

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Beverage specifics needed
From: ks4xg@pagesz.net (Pete Soper)
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 12:37:43 -0500
Hi,
        I'm looking for specifics about winding the three
transformers for the bidirectional two wire Beverage antenna
described in the 1996 ARRL antenna book (or an equivalent).
        I wonder if I should take care to isolate the feedline
of this type of Beverage as for the single wire type?  That
is, should I plan on having a coax coil choke or some other form
of choke balun at the feedpoint?
        For a short Beverage (1wl on 80m, to use on 80 and 40m)
would it be worthwhile to put a preamp at the feedpoint? At the
operating position?
        Happy holidays to all.

Regards,
Pete