[TowerTalk] Does the JPS ANC-4 work?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Does the JPS ANC-4 work?
From: w8ik@ibm.net (Joe Subich, W8IK)
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 22:20:21 -0500
At 01:47 AM 1/1/98 +0800, you wrote:

>Hi Charles.  You had a lot more success with the FCC threat than I did
>here.  Channel 18 is right in the middle of the 2 meter ham band here and
>all over town we have problems with hams getting into it.  I called the
>cable company and complained about it and nothing ever happened.  Finally
>one day I called the FCC office in Portland, OR and they so much as told
>me "so what".  Nothing was done, and the cable company here is not very
>afraid of the FCC. Glad it worked for you. 73 and HNY

If the local cable company's plant is so sloppy that the ingress/egress
is a problem on 144.25 +/- start scanning the frequencies in the AIRCRAFT
BAND for cable signals.  Once you find them, THEN call the cable company
and tell them you are going to call BOTH the FCC and the FAA.  That will
get real action.  Many of the cable companies don't care a bit about the
FCC but any complaint of interference to aircraft communications or
navigation can get them shut down.

73,

   ... Joe Subich, W8IK  ex-AD8I
       <w8ik@ibm.net>