[TowerTalk] Crank-up cable lube

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Crank-up cable lube
From: ldennis@mediaone.net (L. Dennis Shapiro)
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 1998 17:54:47 -0500
I've been following this thread with interest and particularly appreciate the
comments of Steve, K7LXC.  I have a US Tower crank-up on Nantucket Island, MA
that has been in place for ten years.  I regularly lubricate the cable and
pulleys with "Boeshield", a lubricant that was developed by Boeing for aircraft
use.  There is no sign of serious corrosion in what is a highly corrosive
environment.

Boeing spun the product off to MS Products, Holland, MI.  I use the 12oz
aerosol cans which they sell for $11.95 (and which BOAT USA sells for $9.95).
A single can does the cables, pulleys, motor mechanism and base bolts on my
72ft. tower.

I wonder whether anyone else has experience with this product.  "Aviation
Consumer" recently published a favorable article on its use for protecting
aircraft.  Their Web site is at:

                                http://www.boeshield.com/

73,  Dennis, W1UF

L. Dennis Shapiro