[TowerTalk] Crank-up cable lube (WD-40)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Crank-up cable lube (WD-40)
From: SDINMAN@aol.com (SDINMAN)
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 19:21:58 EST
The can does imply it will lubricate, it does contain petroleum distillates,
but many people know it better as a moisture absorber. I know that it did a
magnificient job of preventing the total destruction of my son's HT when he
dropped it overboard in the Virgin Islands. The PC boards and electomechanical
components have to be thoroughly washed in fresh water, shake off the excess
water, then thoroughly saturate wth the magic WD-40. I used almost a whole
can. Voila - the HT worked fine for years afterwards.

73, de Saul, K1PDX