[TowerTalk] BX/HDBX type towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] BX/HDBX type towers
From: jmarchand@ecrm.com (MarchandJohn)
Date: 3 Feb 1998 14:39:15 -0400
Hi all,

Just to add to David's comments, a good friend (now SK) W1PAN had an
HDBX-48 up for many years, (around 20-25) which lasted thru hurricanes
and 2 TH-7DX tribanders (w/ 2mtr yagis stacked above).

Once per year we would just check all the hardware security, etc.
I now have that tower and there isn't a spec of rust anywhere.

However, climbing and working on that tower is really rough on the feet.

73,
John K1RC
35 mi NW of Boston