[TowerTalk] BX/HDBX type towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] BX/HDBX type towers
From: n4kg@juno.com (T A RUSSELL)
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 20:13:20 -0600
<snip>

" I agree with John That they are really rough on
the feet. I wonder if anyone has tried adding climbing steps?"

Mick  W4YV

The one time I removed an HDBX tower and TH6 installation,
I took a 2 inch piece of aluminum tubing (1/8 inch wall) and
secured it through the X's on the adjoining sides, protruding
outside the small top section.  This provided a much more
comfortable surface on which to stand.  I have heard of others
doing a similar thing using a piece of  2 X 4.  (NO guarantees!)

de  Tom  N4KG

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]