[TowerTalk] Mosley antennas - Warning: Strong Language

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mosley antennas - Warning: Strong Language
From: k4ro@k4ro.net (k4ro@k4ro.net)
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 18:43:06 -0600 (CST)
I use Mosley's.  I'm not in the Top Ten (yet) but have
only been contesting since 1994.  My PRO-57A works FB,
and I plan to stack another one I picked up recently.

I don't have any experience with other models of Mosley
antannas, and don't know about the PRO series which include
40m, as I've never used one.  I load my PRO57A boom via the
N4KG omega match method for 40m, plus use a full size GP with
elevated radials (Gladiator.)

For one real world data point, and not just marketing hype,
consider the recent ARRL 10m scores between W9WI and myself.
He has a 1 year old Force 12 C3 at 70' (I hung it for him.)
I have a 7 year old PRO57A at 100'.  Our 10m mixed mode scores
were very close, and he is a superior operator by far.

I could cite other real world examples of local comparisons
with other contesters in the area.  The bottom line is that my
20/15/10 meter scores are comparable with the TH-7/C3/Quad users
in the area.  The ARRL 10m contest is the first example that came
to mind, and includes one of the latest "vastly superior" antenna
designs.  Plus, in Doug's case, we're comparing his new C3 antenna
installation, with new connectors, feedline, etc., to my 7 year
old Mosley installation.

My old Mosley seems to be working quite well, and I am really
psyched to see what I can do with a second one on a ring at 60.'
Plus, I'll have stacks on 12m & 17m to play with.  I'm already
through most serious 17m pileups on 1st call low power.  A pair
should be a blast.

I may check out some of the new designs someday, but I seem to
be doing pretty well with the old PRO57A series.

Another perspective to consider.

-Kirk  K4RO