[TowerTalk] SS Nuts and Bolts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] SS Nuts and Bolts
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 17:09:32 -0600
Thanks to everyone who responded.  It has been extremely
educational.

The general consensus is that:
(1a) I should have put some anti-seize on the bolts before
securing
(1b) I should have put some anti-seize on the bolts before
loosening the nuts
(2) I may have galled the bolt threads during a previous
install/remove activity
(3) I may have overtightened the nuts and caused the threads to
coldweld and/or gall
(4) I may have ignored a rough spot on the threads which the nuts
were able to pass over on the way to tightenting, but could not
back over when coming off
(5) I should sell my house and move from South Texas--this
suggestion from the very guy who sold me the house in the first
place!!

Again, thanks to all who responded.   I have learned a lot and
will apply it in the future.

73,

Dale Martin, KG5U
kg5u@hal-pc.org