[TowerTalk] The NY Times article

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] The NY Times article
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 09:46:06 -0500
At 12:56 PM 3/10/98 +0000, Bruce Richards wrote:
>I have been following this from the start, and have seen nothing but
>comments about the story and links to it. This does not infringe on any
>copy write laws, and I sure hope the 1st amendment allows us to discuss
>it.
>
>Bill Turner, W7TI wrote:
>
>> This is a copyrighted article.  Are you guys who are posting it on
>> your web sites getting permission?
>>
>> 73, Bill W7TI

Bill's absolutely right, though, about reposting in its entirety on a web
page -- it is a violation of copyright laws to do so.  Making a hard copy
or a computer file copy for your own use, or quoting at any length in
discussions, etc. whether on the net or otherwise, is fair use and a
recognized exception.

73,

Pete N4ZR

In Wild Wonderful, fairly rare WEST Virginia