[TowerTalk] Yum, yum! That LMR400UF sure is tasty!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yum, yum! That LMR400UF sure is tasty!
From: TOMK5RC@aol.com (TOMK5RC)
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 09:59:26 EST

<< Animal chewing on wires!  And, the anger of trees not yet fully covered!
 I >>

My first antenna farm was shared with several horses who liked to chew. I was
told that when we handle the coax, rotor cable, etc, we leave salt behind that
the critters can smell. That attracts them to lick and chew.

I wound up painting everything with creosote, which is ecologicaly unsound
these days. Maybe use latex gloves for safe radio?  :>}

Tom, K5RC
aka K7GJ